Yield: 30 blinis
(Source: junglefrog-cooking.com)pancake recipe russian Blini
Heart-Shaped Blini with Smoked Salmon and Lemon Caper Sour Cream
Makes about 36 heart-shaped blini (3 per serving)
Lemon Caper Sour Cream
1. Stir together yeast, sugar and water in a large bowl to dissolve. Stir in milk and let stand 5 to 7 minutes, until frothy.
2. Sift flours and salt into a separate bowl. Whisk in yeast mixture, then whisk in Redwood Hill Farm Plain Kefir, melted butter and egg yolks. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, set in a warm place and allow to rise for one hour.
3. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into batter, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise 30 minutes longer. The batter should be bubbly.
4. While the batter rises, whisk together sour cream, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, onion and capers in a small bowl. Adjust seasonings and add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Place batter in a squeeze bottle using a funnel. Add a tablespoon of melted buttery spread and swirl the pan to coat evenly.
6. Squeeze the batter into the outline of a heart and fill in the heart outline with batter. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbles appear, flip and cook 30 seconds longer.
7. Place cooked blini on a parchment-lined baking sheet and keep warm in a 200°F oven until ready to serve. Serve topped with smoked salmon and a dollop of Lemon Caper Sour Cream.
(Source: tinygreenmom.com)pancake recipe russian Blini
Blini with Caviar
1. In a small bowl, add water and sprinkle yeast over the top. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Sift together flour and 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt. Stir together buttermilk, butter, sugar, and egg yolks in a large bowl; whisk in yeast mixture, then flour mixture. Let stand, covered, in a warm place for 30 minutes.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Let stand for 10 minutes
3. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, and coat with a thin layer of butter. Add a scant tablespoon batter for each blini and cook, flipping after bubbles appear at edges and color turns golden, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side
4. Transfer to a lined sheet tray and allow to cool.
5. Garnish with a small dollop of crème fraîche, then top with a spoon of D’Artagnan ossetra caviar. Serve immediately.
(Source: blog.dartagnan.com)pancake recipe russian Blini
Buckwheat blini breakfast kebabs
Approx. 8 kebabs (serves 2-4)
(Source: includingcake.com)pancake russian Blini recipe
Makes 25 blinis or more
(Source: newworld.co.nz)pancake russian blini recipe
Smoked Salmon and Mango Jalapeno Cream on Cornmeal Blinis
24 paper-thin slices of smoked salmon, the oilier the better
Cilantro leaves for garnish
For the blinis
½ C medium-grind yellow cornmeal
½ C all-purpose flour
1 scant tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2 tbsp. honey
1 large egg, beaten
½ C plus 2 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. melted butter
butter for frying
For the cream
1 C crème fraîche or sour cream
the finely diced flesh of a truly ripe mango
1 jalapeño pepper, roasted, skinned, seeded and finely diced
2 tbsp. finely diced red onion
salt and pepper
NOTES: The blinis start drying out instantly, so make them right before serving, if you can. Also, don’t let the batter sit – the baking powder makes it rise, and you don’t want the blinis to be too spongy. You can replace the jalapeño with any other kind of pepper you like. Replacing the cilantro with a dab of caviar or fish roe takes this nicely over the top.
1. Combine the ingredients for the mango-jalapeño cream in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and honey. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and melted butter. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just combined.
3. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over high heat, and melt a little butter in it. Working in batches, drop the batter by spoonfuls to make 3-inch pancakes. Cook until light brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. (They’re ready to flip when the little bubbles that form on the top start opening.)
4. Assemble three layers of blini-cream-salmon, with a final dab of cream on top, and garnish with cilantro.
(Source: the-dogs-breakfast.com)pancake recipe russian blini
Marinated Salmon on Blinis Pancake
Love pancakes? ℉⍥ℓℓ⍥ẘ ⌘
(Source: 83clubstreet.com)pancake russian blini
Smoked salmon blinis with crème fraîche & horseradish
Love pancakes? ℉⍥ℓℓ⍥ẘ ⌘
(Source: bbcgoodfood.com)pancake russian blini